December 28, 2015

I Survived the Holidays By Transforming Myself with PiYo

In October, I struggled with my health and fitness journey.  I almost lost one of the people who mean the most to me in the world.  He was life flighted to Boston, where thank God, they were able to save him. <3
My goodbye photos!
My emotional eating took over and I gained over 16 lbs in one month, and Lots and Lots of inches! :(  Things got completely out of control and I felt so lost.  I spoke to Amanda, my coach and we decided that the best thing I could do for me was to start fresh, to focus on my own journey and to take a step back from coaching.

I wasn't sure about this at first.  I was afraid that everyone would think that I was giving up.  I saw this as a failure on my part, and ALL I wanted to do was hide.  But I didn't.  I was very up front with my challengers and let them know what was going on.  This was definitely the BEST thing for me!

I started PiYo on November 1st.  It still amazes me that a program that is a lot of fast stretching, pilates and yoga can transform me so much.  I was so afraid that I would not have ANY results and that I was just wasting my time. I NEEDED something to work for me, I NEEDED to be able to SEE a transformation.  I REALLY NEEDED to get my life back on track.

Mostly I NEEDED to PROVE to myself that my time as a coach was NOT a WASTE!  So, even though I struggled with eating healthy, the holidays are so hard with ALL of the temptations!  AM I right?  I did not get upset with myself when I ate something not so good for me.  I did not get upset with myself when I did not push play as often as I should.  I just kept going.

Whenever I came home tired and didn't want to push play, I would talk to a few of my AMAZING challengers, and then get my ass off the couch!  Thank you so much Rebecca for the wonderful talk we had at your house.  You have NO idea but that was a turning point for me! <3

Even with having bronchitis for the last two weeks, even with the horrible eating from the last week and not pushing play as much as I should, I am TRULY proud of my results! ;)

I lost 6% of my body fat!
I lost 11.75 lbs of fat!
I gained 8.75 lbs of muscle!

I lost 14 inches!

YES - they could have been MUCH better!  YES - I sabotaged myself quite often this round...BUT I still got some pretty AMAZING results from this program.

Just imagine what my results, or even yours, would be if  I (or you) followed this program to a T.



No comments

Post a Comment