January 24, 2016

**21 Day Fix Approved** Chia Pudding Parfait

Last night I decided to finally take the chia seeds out of the cupboard and try a recipe that I had found on the team beachbody website.  Chia Pudding Parfait.  I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one.  But I figured if I didn't I would chalk it up as a lesson learned and never buy chia seeds again. Every time I think of chia seeds, I remember the Ch ch ch chia commercial.  lol

Let me know what you think of it and if you have any other chia recipes.  I would definitely like to try some more. :)

This recipe was easy to make and very yummy!



Chia Pudding Parfait
The recipe calls for either Kumquats or oranges but I decided to use mango instead. :)

Yield: 4 servings, ½ cup each

Ingredients:
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
2 tsp. raw honey
½ cup chia seeds
½ cup low-fat granola
20 kumquats, thinly sliced (or orange sections) (reserve some for garnish) ( I used Mango instead. )  Or you could use any kind of fruit that you wanted to use.  My niece thought it would taste good with sliced bananas.)

Preparation:
1. Combine almond milk, honey, and chia seeds in a medium bowl; mix well.



2. Cover bowl; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, mixing after 2 hours.
3. Before serving, layer chia seed mixture with granola and kumquats in parfait glasses.

If you are following the 21 Day Fix containers it is:
1 1/2 yellow 1/2 orange 1/2 purple


No comments

Post a Comment