June 28, 2016

21 Day Fix Extreme Results

Last night I got 14 hours of sleep!  Can you imagine? lol  I decided it was time to share my results from this round of the 21 Day Fix Extreme.  I am going to be doing another round for anyone who is interested in joining me.   Before I share my results, I wanted to share some things that happened to me during this round.

Not only did I have a lot of stress from my youngest son graduating from high school and knowing that he will be leaving for the military in less than a month.  I also had some major changes in my sleep schedule because of work.  I have been getting about 3 hours of sleep at night before work, going to do my 8 hour shift and then sleeping for an hour or so when I get home before I do my workout.

I keep telling everyone in my groups how important nutrition is, how important drinking enough water is, and how important working out is.  The one thing that I easily overlook is how much sleep you should get.

I found from various studies that a lack of sleep can slow your metabolism.  This is something I really don't need because I have hypothyroidism.  A lack of sleep also increase your feelings of hunger.  Ugh!

So between my thyroid issues and lack of sleep this last 21 days has not been exactly what I had hoped for.  But it is ok because I now know that I need to get more sleep.  I have made a commitment to myself and to a fellow coach and friend to increase my sleep little by little each night.  :)  I am working on that.

I have also made a commitment to keep a bullet journal every day.  I admit that yesterday with work and hiking with Zach, I neglected my journal but I am starting fresh today and I will do it!  The next round is going to be different.

BUT even with the setbacks I still lost:

I lost 2% of my body fat!
I lost 4.52 lbs of fat!
I lost 8.75 inches! 
I gained 1.52 lbs of muscle!

This is just the beginning.  My next round starts on June 27th! If your looking for some accountability then let's talk!  

Thank you so much for the support and your interest in this blog!  If you haven't already, please make sure to check out Darlene Caron - Health and Fitness Coach where you can find more recipes, fitness tips, motivation and information on upcoming health and fitness challenge groups that I offer.

 You can also reach out to me by email: darlenecaronfitness@gmail.com

F.L.Y. into your new life with Darlene Caron Fitness!




No comments

Post a Comment