June 30, 2015

Binge Eating and the Ultimate Reset

As far back as I can remember I have had a horrible problem with binge eating.  Whenever I get upset, tired, stressed, really any kind of strong emotion, I will sit on my couch or wherever and mindlessly eat.  I know that what I am doing isn't helping me but I do it anyhow. The more I eat the more depressed I get, and the more depressed I get the more I eat.  It's a vicious cycle!  :(



At the end of May, I went hiking with my son and his girlfriend to beautiful Borestone Mountain.  It was a great hike, but half of the time I struggled for air.  Just going a few steps and my asthma started kicking in.  I couldn't believe how out of control it was, but I finished that hike.


I think my breaking point was two days later.  I was doing laundry and walked from one end of my house to the other with a laundry basket.  I couldn't breathe.  I knew then that something had to give!

I  had the Ultimate Reset but I had been afraid to start it.  It is a 21 day program to help with your eating and cleanse the toxins out of your system.  My mind kept screaming at me....it is 21 DAYS!!!  21 DAYS!!I can't do that! But as my breathing continued to get worse I knew that I had to.

I started on June 8th.  Week one was horrible for me.  I had some really painful headaches from lack of caffeine.  I was a big coffee and tea drinker so to go without them was not a pleasant experience.  Then towards the 5th day I started to get flu like symptoms.  UGH! At first, I thought that I was actually getting sick and maybe I shouldn't continue on with the program.  But after I carefully researched, I found that the symptoms were actually caused from the toxins being released from my cells.  I was getting healthier but I felt horrible.  I would wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning in extreme pain.  My body ached so bad.  But after a few days it eased up and then it eventually went away.


The one thing that I had feared with the Ultimate Reset is that I would be hungry or that I would have to eat food that I didn't like.  Neither of those statements are true.  I had so much to eat that sometimes I had to set a timer to remind myself that it was time to go eat yet again.  As for food that I disliked, I had so many choices of alternate meals, that I never really ran in to any big problems with this. I learned that I love jicama and avocado, but I am not a big fan of kale or edamame.  Two of my favorite recipes are Oatmeal Tropical and Sweet Potato and Roasted Red Pepper Bisque. Yum!  The meal plan and recipes are pretty simple, which is great for this mom.  I really don't have a lot of time to try to figure out anything too complicated.

Week two went pretty smooth.  I kept following the daily meal plans, substituting when necessary.  I did a lot of walking and kept drinking all of the water I was suppose to each day.  By the end of the week, I got adventurous with my son and decided to hike Beehive Mountain in Acadia National Park.  Wow, what a hike!  It was a complete 360 turn around from my last hike.  I had some breathless moments but it wasn't from asthma problems, it was from the beautiful view!  :)  If there were any issues on this hike it was from my fear of heights.  I wish the Ultimate Reset could help me with that too!  lol  I pressed on, reached the summit and had my alkalinize.  It was the most amazing feeling reaching that summit!  I had conquered that mountain and had gained some confidence in the process!  I would not have been able to hike this more strenuous mountain before I had started the Ultimate Reset.  Another milestone for me!

Week three went fantastic.  I kept posting photo collages of my meals onto my facebook page for accountability.  I had some people show interest and ask questions.  It was a great feeling to be inspiring others. :)  I am amazed that during the three weeks I didn't have any cravings.  My son and husband ate whatever they wanted, food that I normally would have chowed down, and I would just sit there and eat my stir fry or whatever. What an amazing feeling to be in control of what I put in my mouth instead of it controlling me.  

Yesterday, I finished the Ultimate Reset! YAY ME!  I gained a lot more from this program than weight loss.  I gained confidence, clarity, freedom from pain, freedom from cravings, freedom from binge eating, no more headaches, no more addiction to coffee or chocolate or any other junk food.  I sleep better, I have more energy, and I am more alert. 

I DID IT!

Oh yeah, I did lose weight too...15 lbs and 13.2 inches! I am not belittling that by any means.  I have gone 21 days of 100% clean eating and I have never been able to do that at any other point in my life.  I have grown so much during the last three weeks.  I have a whole new outlook on my life as a wife, mother AND a coach.  I am ready to take on the world.


If you would like to talk about binge eating, the ultimate reset or how you can start your own journey, look for me on facebook or leave a message here. :)  I can't wait to hear from you!
Darlene <3


No comments

Post a Comment