November 23, 2016

Stop Comparing Yourself to Other Coaches

For a long time I did not believe that I would ever be a good coach. I truly believed that I was NOT successful and at times I struggled with whether or not I should even give up coaching altogether. I felt like I just wasn't good enough. Have you ever felt that way?

You see, I made a huge mistake. I started comparing myself and my journey to that of other coaches. I would see them and think... I spend so much time trying to be a good coach. I run tons of challenge groups. I share my story in every raw, emotional detail. I was only getting 3-4 hours of sleep each night so that I could jump on every training call and I did countless hours of training on my own. I felt like I wasn't successful because I wasn't growing my team as fast as they were. I wasn't losing my weight as quickly as they were. I made myself sick with how much I compared myself to them. 😞  And I allowed it to steal the joy I had found in coaching.

But I realized that in order for me to be successful and truly happy with being a Beach body coach I HAD to STOP comparing myself to the top coaches.  This is my journey and I had to run my own race.  That meant I had to take a long hard look at my own journey and you know what?  I found my success!


My success isn't in how much money I make.  My success isn't in what rank I am at.  My success isn't in how big my team is.  It's NOT even in whether or not I have a team leader to get my training from.  My SUCCESS starts with me and my challengers!  ðŸ˜‰

EVERY time I have a challenger share with me about how their clothes fit better or that they have come closer to reaching their goal...SUCCESS!

EVERY time I choose to workout instead of sitting on my couch...SUCCESS!

EVERY time I choose to eat a healthy meal instead of binge eating a bag of potato chips...SUCCESS!

EVERY time I choose to remain focused and positive instead of dwelling on what I think that I don't have or being jealous over someone else's journey....well, that is a SUCCESS too!

It's a choice.  Your happiness is found when you choose to stop comparing yourself to other people.  Then you can focus on how truly great you really are.  It's all about being confident.

Too many days are wasted comparing ourselves to others and wishing to be something we aren't.  Everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses, and it is only when you accept, everything you are and everything you aren't, that you will truly succeed in life.  ~ Ritu Ghatourey

Remember to believe in yourself, stay strong and take time to fly!

Sending strength, hope and love!
Darlene


No comments

Post a Comment