February 11, 2017

Cruise Tip - How To Not Get Left Behind

One of my favorite things to do, besides spend time with my family is cruising. There is nothing like the excitement of knowing that for 3-5-7-9 days you will be pampered, entertained, thrilled and overwhelmed on your way to some incredible ports.

But there are some all important tips that you should keep in mind if this is the year that you are going to be treated like royalty. I figured after all of the cruises that I have been on that I would share some of my experiences.
I remember sitting in the dining room with a young woman and her son. They were cruising without her husband because he actually missed getting on board. YIKES!! I would be so depressed if that happened to me. With going on a cruise late is NEVER good! The captain has no issues with leaving you behind.
To make sure that doesn't happen plan to arrive early. I usually cruise out of Florida - Miami, Port Canaveral, Tampa are my ports of choice. I started with Carnival, went to Norwegian but now Royal Caribbean is my cruise line of choice. But that's a story for a different post. :)
When I am getting ready to cruise I make sure to book my flight two to three days before I am embarking on the ship. I know that sounds like a long time before the ship leaves but believe me it is important. I have been delayed before due to weather and was afraid I would miss my cruise, NEVER again will I have to worry about that. So I always plan on arriving that crucial 2-3 days before the cruise date. Just think...you have some extra time in your port city, time to live it up a little. <3
Ft Lauderdale has an amazing website with pre and post cruise activities. And there are quite a few hotel which have park sleep and cruise rates for leaving your vehicle behind.
When it comes to cruising it is better to be early than late. And plan on being patient once you arrive at the port. :)
Stay tuned for more next cruise tip saying bon voyage in style!

Thank you so much for the support and your interest in this blog!  If you haven't already please make sure t check out Darlene Caron Fitness  where you can find more recipes, fitness tips, motivation and information on upcoming Health and Fitness Challenge groups that I offer.

No comments

Post a Comment