July 9, 2016

Why I Share My Beachbody Journey

Have you ever looked at some of the pictures on social media and wondered to yourself...what were they thinking?  Why on earth would they share that?  That is so personal.

For the last two years I have been one of the people that has shared most of her life on social media.  Not just the great photos of my kids and sporting events, or family functions, but those embarrassing bikini photos, the photos of my eating, the photos of me sweating like a pig, with no makeup on.  Ugh!
But the question is why?  WHY?  Why share something that makes me tremble and my insides turn to jelly when I am getting ready to hit the submit button?  Why show people what I look like without layers of clothes on?  Why show others how imperfect that I am, how much I fail daily?

I wish I could say that the reason is simple, but it's not.  When I first started my journey, it was because I wanted the accountability.  I put those nasty photos out there so that I would have motivation to change things up.  I needed to change.  I wanted to be able to keep up with my kids at sporting events.  I didn't want THEM to be embarrassed by their obese mom.

Two years later, things have definitely changed.  I am a work in progress still and I have lost some weight, toned things up and I can actually breathe when going for a walk.  My reason for coaching has changed too.

It seems so sleazy to say I want to help people.  How many times have you heard that before?  But the truth is...I do!  BUT at the same time that I am helping others I will be helping myself as well.

When I run a challenge group,  it holds my challengers accountable, gives them motivation and ideas BUT the biggest benefit is that I am being held accountable as well.  I mean, if I am NOT walking the walk, who is going to listen to anything that I say.  I am not perfect though.  I have had times when I thought, wow, I just finished this program, had amazing results and now I can eat all of the crap I want.  Why not, it's not like I can't do the program again.  So my mindset was not where it actually needed to be, now was it?

Growing up I was a victim, I allowed myself to remain a victim as an adult and I fell into a huge black hole.  I was depressed, I felt worthless, I felt completely out of control and I hated it.  Now, I am gaining back my control.  I am learning that I am NOT worthless and sometimes, well I still battle depression.  Nothing in life is perfect right?  It's a work in progress.

So how am I finding my worth, getting over my fears and taking back control?  By sharing my journey with other women (some men).  I show them that there is a way to dig out of the darkness and step into the light.  I know that sounds like a cliche.

The one thing that I am in complete control over is me.  I am in control over whether or not I work out, what I eat, whether I allow myself to remain a victim or become a beast who overcomes everything.  I want to share this with others. I know how being sexually abused feels.  I know how being in the dark feels BUT I also know how being full of energy and coming together with other women (and men) who love themselves enough to work out and take care of their bodies feels.

I admit that I am a horrible sales person.  I don't make the ladies in my groups buy Beachbody products.  NOT because I don't believe they work, I KNOW they do, BUT because I know that there are many ways that do work.  And as long as we are all on the same journey does it matter if you are doing the 21 Day Fix Extreme with me or doing your own program?  We are all trying to get healthy right?

Now, with that said, let me say that I don't know why ANYONE who is trying to get healthy doesn't use a Beachbody program.  I mean, they take all of the guess work out of it.  There is NO question to what workout you will do on any specific day, it is spelled out for you.  There is  NO question about what you should eat, it is spelled out for you.  They make it simple to get healthy.  Sure it costs money, but so does any other workout, shake or gym membership.  I have spent money on all of it and you see what I am still doing.  That speaks volumes.  I am not giving up on this approach because IT WORKS FOR ME!


When I first started coaching I was so gung ho about advancing in rank, making lots of money etc, that sometimes I would forget why I started.  Coaching to me IS NOT ABOUT THE RANK, MONEY OR SUCCESS CLUB POINTS.  Coaching to me is ALL ABOUT HELPING OTHERS GAIN THEIR FREEDOM FROM NASTY UNHEALTHY HABITS, TO TAKE BACK CONTROL, TO EMPOWER THEM AND SHOW THEM THAT THEY ARE WORTH IT!  To learn how to become healthy and treating their bodies right by working out and changing their eating habits.  I also firmly believe in reading books to help you with your mindset.  To get you out of the negativity and show you how to love you for you.

Thank you so much for the support and your interest in this blog!  If you haven't already please make sure to check out Darlene Caron Health and Fitness Coach where you can find more recipes, fitness tips, motivation and information on upcoming Health and Fitness Challenge groups that I offer.


Whether you want to join one of my groups or not, I would love to have the opportunity to talk to you.  

F.L.Y. into your new life with me! <3






No comments

Post a Comment