April 12, 2016

Journey of an Empty Nester - April 12, 2016

Today was a pretty good day all in all. I really didn't get a lot of sleep last night because Scott is working nights. When he works nights I stay up half the night. I am so thankful that my shift today didn't start until 12:30pm. :)

Anyhow, I got up this morning, posted in a few of my groups and then did Day 16 of 22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 1. I am loving this program and how quick the workouts are. I mean how can you complain when they are only 22 minutes, right? For the most part I did great with the workout except that I noticed I am starting to struggle a bit because of my carpal tunnel. I have a hard time doing pushups now, well harder than normal, I mean those are a normal struggle for me anyhow. I am also having an issue with holding the weights in my right hand. I don't seem to have any strength in that hand so that could become a problem. Besides that the workout went great.

For personal development today I was able to read Chapter 2 of Deliberate Receiving Finally the Universe Makes Sense. I admit that if I had seen this book in my amazon feed I would have scrolled right past it. But because of a wonderful friend and coach, Abby Marie, I decided to join her book club and give it a try. It is actually quite interesting. Thanks doll for the recommendation. :)

I also had time this morning to listen to a National wake up call. It was Seay Stanford: Building Trust Not Transactions. This was a great call and I would highly suggest it to any other coaches. I got a lot of golden nuggets from it.
Ok now for the daily scoop:
Breakfast
Tea and Oatmeal (yellow container)

Snack
Chocolate Shakeology with water (red container)

Lunch
Pineapple, watermelon, cheese and strawberries (2 1/2 purple containers and 1 blue container)

Dinner
21 Day Fix Approved Pork Carnitas with a roll (2 red containers and 1 yellow)

 Snack
Tortilla Chips with salsa :( Tea

I had about 55 ounces of water today. Not enough by far. I need about 90 ounces each day. I really have my work cut out for me if I am going to change things up.

As you can plainly see I am struggling with using my containers right now. Because of my job I don't have a lot of time to sit down and eat. From 12:30 to 6:30 today I had exactly 15 minutes to eat, drink some water and go to the rest room. So I need to really try to figure out how I am going to get all of my containers in during the day. Any suggestions????

I think I need to just find some super quick foods to eat on the run. I don't know. This is a work in progress.

I made a promise to a good friend of mine that I would not step on the scale until the beginning of next week. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. That is such temptation for me. I don't know why either. I mean, if I step on the scale and the numbers go up, I get depressed and eat. If I step on the scale and the numbers go down, I seem to slack off and then the numbers go back up anyhow. You would really think that it would make it so I didn't want to jump on. Know what I mean?

Thank you so much for the support and your interest in this blog!  If you haven't already, please make sure to check out my DarLeanFitness Page where you can find more recipes, fitness tips, motivation and information on upcoming Health and Wellness Accountability/Challenge Groups that I offer. 

No comments

Post a Comment