March 30, 2015

Binge Eating

I have struggled with eating for a long time.  I have struggled with binge eating.  Have you?

Have you ever driven by a fast food restaurant on the way home and stopped to get a quick bite because you felt like you were starving?  I have.  I would order a couple of double cheeseburgers, large fries with honey mustard sauce and a Large Coke.  Then make sure to eat it all on the 30 minute ride home.  I didn't want my family to see.

I would then make an extra stop to throw out all of the evidence.  Sometimes I would miss a cup or a wrapper, when my husband would ask me about it, I lied and said, that's not mine.  I gave so and so a ride home, and they asked me to stop for them.

I would not only feel miserable about lying to my husband but my stomach would be so upset from eating all of that greasy food. I felt so sick.  Sometimes, I would go get sick, just to get rid of that feeling.

After days of repeatedly stopping at one of those many fast food restaurants on my way home, I would take half a box of laxatives just to get it out of my system.

Have you ever done anything like that?  Have you ever know the shame of admitting to yourself or others that you have an eating disorder?  I have.

Now, after 8 months of coaching, I have learned about clean eating.  I love to eat healthy food. I feel light, full of energy, and I don't have that oh my gosh what did I do feeling after I eat.

I know that when I first started trying to eat healthy I was overwhelmed with all the information thrown my way.  Carbs were good, carbs were bad, eat more protein, eat this or eat that.

I had no idea what I should eat.

If you have ever felt like this in the past, or if you feel like that now, I am inviting you to reach out to me.  I will be having a clean eating group, to help with recipes, grocery lists, and lots of accountability.  This group will last for 5 days, enough to get you going and then if you would like to continue with the accountability I can help you in one of my other groups.

I am sharing this today, because I want you to know that you are not alone.  That there are people out there who know what you are or have been going through.  I feel very blessed by the women who have been put in my life who have helped me and the ones that I am now helping.

Don't sit in the darkness, scared and all alone.  There is hope and I would feel honored if you would allow me to help you.

Hope to hear from you soon.
 Darlene <3


No comments

Post a Comment