February 4, 2015

Delicious Rainbow Scramble

One of the things that I have the worst problem with is nutrition.  So I figured what better way to learn about what I should eat then to find healthy recipes, make them and then give them a review on my blog.

There is nothing that I hate more than trying a healthy recipe and finding that it is less than appetizing.  I want healthy, but it better taste good!

This is a great recipe, one of my favorites!

Rainbow Scramble

1 large egg
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup frozen corn (defrost)
1/4 cup diced tomato
1 toasted whole grain bread slice (love ezekiel bread)
1. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat
2. Beat egg and egg whites in bowl, season with salt and pepper


3. Add corn, and tomato, cook, stirring frequently until tomato releases juices

4. Add eggs, stir gently for 1-2 minutes, reduce heat to low, continue cooking until eggs are cooked all the way through.

Eat with ezekiel toast.  Absolutely delicious meal!  

The original recipe calls for topping it with avocado  and basil leaves.
1/8 avocado, thinly sliced
3 basil leaves, chopped

But I am not a huge fan of avocado so I skipped that.

No comments

Post a Comment